It was summer here for a long time… warm, sunny, until suddenly everything turned red. Such an aura motivated me to design several autumn worksheets showing how the nature around us can change. Here I will present the first of them. Fall mystery picture with a colorful oak leaf in pixel-art style.
I described this autumn leaf with an unordered code, which means that while performing the exercise, the children have to jump around the code table a bit. However, I listed all groups of pixels from left to right or top to bottom. Which is still a bit easier. Therefore, it can be considered that this graphic dictation for kids fits into level two in terms of difficulty level.
The most convenient way to complete this type of graphic dictations is to color them with crayons. All colors used here should be included in basic sets of crayons for kids. However, if you would like to offer children a slightly more demanding form of this task, it may be gluing squares of colored paper or tissue paper. It all depends on the skills already developed by the child. It is worth choosing so that the exercise does not turn out to be irritatingly difficult.
Autumn mystery picture – pixel art
Graphic dictation can be used in various ways:
- coloring the picture according to the given code – children read the code on their own,
- coloring the picture according to the given code by ear – someone is reading the code to the child,
- pasting the image according to the given pattern,
- redrawing the image from the original solution,
- writing the code based on the printed pattern.