Hands. It would take a long time to write what we can do thanks to them: hug, stroke, hold hands, fasten buttons, tie, write, paint, sculpt, embroider, create… A whole arsenal of possibilities. Thanks to the limbs developed in this way, we can build precise devices, create realistic art. There are so many possibilities…
The hand pattern was based on a cross-stitch pattern. Beautiful in its simplicity.
The graphic dictations that you will find below can be used on many occasions. Starting with hygiene, expressing feelings and friendship, through the possibilities offered by these wonderful tools that nature has given us, to the topic of equality for people of different skin colors.
- These are just examples of when these mystery pictures with hands can come in handy:
- Global Hand Hygiene Day – 5 May
- Global Handwashing Day – 15 October
- International Day of Friendship – 30 July
- National Hand Holding Day – 9 August
- International Day of Tolerance – 16 November
This version of the hands hidden under the graphic dictation code was prepared based on an orderly code. Each colored square was coded separately, pixel by pixel, to create a simplified diagram of a hand. The code board that you will find on the worksheet is large, with 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm fields. Therefore, the sheet can be included in the series intended for preschoolers and younger children. And for people with less manual dexterity.
In fact, you will find here two worksheets with mystery pictures for kids. One is for the left hand and the other is for the right.
Mystery picture – pixel art
Graphic dictation can be used in various ways:
- coloring the picture according to the given code – children read the code on their own,
- coloring the picture according to the given code by ear – someone is reading the code to the child,
- pasting the image according to the given pattern,
- redrawing the image from the original solution,
- writing the code based on the printed pattern.