I couldn’t resist… and for St. Nicholas’ Day I prepared an image of Santa! Here for preschoolers, in the form of a mystery picture with an orderly code.
Our Santa is a fairly simplified scheme to fit in a 10×10 square, but he is still recognizable 😉 White beard, red cap, and slightly frozen nose. I chose green background. I can’t help it that December reminds me of a green Christmas tree.
The fields on the coding board are again 1.5 x 1.5 cm, making it easier for younger kids to work with. In the pdf file you will find a blank card to fill in for children, and a card with a colored solution that can be used to cut out squares.
Mystery picture – pixel art
Graphic dictation can be used in various ways:
- coloring the picture according to the given code – children read the code on their own,
- coloring the picture according to the given code by ear – someone is reading the code to the child,
- pasting the image according to the given pattern,
- redrawing the image from the original solution,
- writing the code based on the printed pattern.