Easter basket or mushroom basket. It depends on you in what context you will use this mystery picture for preschoolers.
The basket was created as an element of games related to Easter. Just in time for the blessing of food. As such an element, you can use this graphic dictation, talking about Easter traditions, and what should be in such a basket.
During autumn trips to the forest, I considered that this Easter basket might as well become a basket for mushrooms. We only have one mushroom basket ourselves (and a few buckets), but it is used every year during the autumn hunt for these delicacies. I can’t wait for this year’s mushroom picking, during which there will always be something interesting in the forest thicket.
And you, how will you use this basket?
Our Easter basket has been drawn here on a large board, with fields in the size of 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm. I created this version with younger kids or children with difficulties in mind. The large size of the code table and the orderly code used here, pixel by pixel, make it easier to carry out the exercise in such groups of kids.
Mystery picture – pixel art
Graphic dictation can be used in various ways:
- coloring the picture according to the given code – children read the code on their own,
- coloring the picture according to the given code by ear – someone is reading the code to the child,
- pasting the image according to the given pattern,
- redrawing the image from the original solution,
- writing the code based on the printed pattern.