The time to observe insects has already begun. More and more of these little creatures appear in our area. Some of them irritate us by destroying our crops, others help to balance nature, and some others, well, are just beautiful. Although they certainly also have a role in the surrounding ecosystem.
This pink-purple beetle has become a mystery picture for preschoolers. The fields in the coding board are large, 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm, making it easier for children who are still exercising their graphomotor skills. The code describing the beetle is a orderly code that is easier to understand for younger children.
Below, in just a few days, I will post the version with the symmetry axis in which only half of the image is encoded. The other half, however, must be drawn in a mirror image.
Mystery picture – pixel art
Graphic dictation can be used in various ways:
- coloring the picture according to the given code – children read the code on their own,
- coloring the picture according to the given code by ear – someone is reading the code to the child,
- pasting the image according to the given pattern,
- redrawing the image from the original solution,
- writing the code based on the printed pattern.